- This event has passed.
(Phase D) Old Testament Survey training for the Firewall, Global Fire Advance
November 5, 2017 - November 7, 2017
Global Fire Advance is a collaborative project that equips men and women around the world to impact God’s kingdom. Local leaders around the world are trained on evangelism, discipleship, and church planting. We are putting the reins in the hands of local men and women with a heart to see their community transformed through the power of the love and grace of God. Paul van der Merwe and Adri Theron from Wheels for God’s Word, are training 70 pastors in Kelo, Chad from 5 to 7 November 2017. This is Phase D, Old Testament Survey training for the Firewall.
Training follows a process starting at Pre-launch, continuing with Refresher and then Phase A to Phase F. Evangelism training with the Heart of Man material (Printed by All Nations Gospel Publishers and provided by Wheels for God’s Word ) is provided before phase A starts. Bishop Ronnie Hepperly (Chairperson: Global Fire Advance) and Ps. Raymond Lombard (Member: Global Fire Advance) are specifically involved at the Pre-launch till Phase A stages, where after other trainers normally takes over for the rest of the process. The rest of the training takes place every six months over a period of three years. Hereafter support is still provided but direct involvement is less, because the Church leaders in the country take over the responsibility of further training. The Phase training is contained in manuals, developed, printed and distributed by Harvesters International Ministries. The manuals for the different phases are as follows:
- Phase A: Discipleship and Disciple making (Salvation, Spiritual Growth, and fifteen disciplines of a disciple of Jesus)
- Phase B: Preparing for Ministry (The Church, Church Leadership, Church and Finance, Christian Ethics and Administration)
- Phase C: Homiletics (Preaching the Word of God and Sermons)
- Phase D: Old Testament Survey
- Phase E: New Testament Survey
- Phase F: Introduction to Systematic Theology